Thursday, March 22, 2012

Avatar: The Legend of Korra...and a "Rising" interview and a review.

Last year, I did a post on the tv show "Avatar: The Last Airbender" and how it is one of the best shows I have ever seen--cartoon or otherwise. (I also said the movie "The Last Airbender" was a travesty to what the show was. It kind of destroyed everything I love about it.) I have watched the tv show so many times--it's only 61 episodes, about 22 minutes each, and so, so worth watching. Anyway, the creators/writers have been working on a sequel, called "The Legend of Korra." "Korra" takes place 70 years after the end of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." It premieres next month, though they do have a website where the first two episodes will premiere this Saturday, because they got 100,000 new likes and shares on facebook and twitter. :D

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for this. The world-buildling, the characterization, the friendships, romances, consistency, the humor, the way the characters matured from little kids--the writers gave me all of that on the first show and made me trust their storytelling skills absolutely.

Here's a trailer for the new show. Story + characters + animation = gorgeous.




Here's a fanmade trailer that someone made for the original show, "Avatar: The Last Airbender":





-------

I was also interviewed by author Mavis Duke Hinton on her blog: Interview. Come back on Monday to see an interview with her here. :)

Krista McLaughlin left an awesome review for "Rising Book 1: Resistance" on her blog: Rising review at The Jelly Beans of Writing

6 comments:

  1. I love Avatar! Never bothered to see the movie though. This is the first I've heard of The Legend of Korra and I'm so excited. I wish I had a way to watch it, we don't have TV service. Hopefully they'll have all the episodes available on the internet before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watch any cartoons for me in a long time. Hopefully in a few years my son will get into the more complex cartoons and we can watch them together as fans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that, but that looks like a good cartoon. And you are so very very welcome for the review! It was my pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun! That girl's got some guts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to tell my kids! we loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!