Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Cupcakes

My daughter and I made Perry the Platypus (from the cartoon Phineas and Ferb) cupcakes for my husband for Father's Day. We still have six left to decorate (there are twelve altogether) but here's the process and initial result.

Photobucket
My daughter's stuffed animal Perry and the Starbursts that we used for bills. We also used Starbursts cut in half and dipped in frosting for the feet.


Photobucket
Graham crackers being shaped into the tails. I had no idea what I was going to use for the tails until I was hunting through the cupboard for something to use and went, "Aha! Graham crackers!"


Photobucket
Two cupcakes stuck together with frosting form the base for the bodies.


Photobucket
Completed cupcakes!


Photobucket
Close-up of completed cupcake. My daughter and I dyed toothpicks in food coloring for the top part sticking out.




Happy Father's Day to my wonderful, amazing husband! Happy Father's Day to my dad and my father-in-law. And Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there!

19 comments:

  1. You two did a great job! Any extra cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too adorable, Laur! How I wish I had just a smidgen of your artistic talent. I love Perry and Phineas and Ferb! I'm glad you've gotten into it now :D This looks so accurate; it even looks like my Perry stuffed animal.

    Hope you're doing well. *hugs* I also hope to talk to you soon! Love ya, and happy early Father's Day!

    <3 Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those are fabulous! You're so creative and you make me crave cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. go you! I wish I was that creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very awesome! I love Perry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look fantastic~ very realistic and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My stomach is grumbling - they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute! I have no idea what to get for my dad. I have exactly 6 hours. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable. And how fun that you made them with your daughter! That was when the true fun of mother came into play--baking with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: the Creative Blog Award. There are no pass along requirements. This is just to reward you for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are very impressive cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've decided to give you the Fabulous Blog Ribbon Award - I love your creative cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic!! Great job, so cute, and I bet delicious too! Tho I'd've been sad to eat them :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!
    Wow! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, they are so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!