Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest


Today, it's the Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest, hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh and Ciara Knight!




Here's how it works:

Post about a book you've noticed.

You can choose a book that you've read, something you saw on a blog or social media site, Goodreads, or a sales website. Anything that caught your eye because of a great cover, blurb or reviews, but DON’T tell the author that their book has been noticed. Instead, shout out on social media sites, and encourage others to do the same, until the author finds his/her book.

Leave a blog comment at Ninja Captain Alex or Ciara Knight when the author finds their book.

Only two rules:

1) You can’t post about your own book.

2) The book shouldn't be on the New York Times or USA Today bestseller list. This is your chance to shout out about a book that might not have been noticed by others.


The book I've chosen is Screwing Up Time by the awesome Connie Keller.




This book constantly catches my notice because of the title (The "Screwing Up" part stands out to me, for some reason), the cover (it's so pretty and gives such an urgent feel!) and the concept (time travel!!!) I really want to read it, but haven't yet. (Confession: I've been so busy writing and editing that it's been a ridiculous amount of time since I've just sat down to read. I hope to remedy that soon.) And this book is definitely one I want to sink my teeth into! Er, eyes into? That doesn't really work very well. Let's just stick with what I said before: I really want to read it.

Have any of you had a chance to read this book? Isn't the cover super intriguing?

25 comments:

  1. Saying hello from the blog hop. No, I haven't read the book, but I agree- the cover does seem to convey something urgent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read it but you're not the only person on this blog hop to mention it. It must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second time I've seen this book today!
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Laura, via the blog hop for books.

    Love your reason for noticing it. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the title & cover too! great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is intriguing. Like you, I saw the word "screwing" first and I like the rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a really cool book! Glad you found your book today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Thanks so much, Laura! What a wonderful surprise to come to your blog and find my book there!!

    (I'd been procrastinating on finishing the proofread of my sequel--now I'm really charged to get back to it. Thanks again!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I just came from two other blogs that are doing this fest, too. Haven't seen any repeats of books being noticed either. That's quite the book cover. Really grabs the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rainbow of colors on the cover, and the title is definitely eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Second time I've seen this one, and still gets my vote for best title! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm all about time travel books - this one sounds AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura .. I totally agree with you re the colourful cover - I'd be picking that up - sounds a great premise too - definitely worth a read .. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I like your blog and your recommendation. I'm a scifi fan, so this is my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, eye-catching cover. I'm checking it out. Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, second time I've seen this book highlighted today. C.M. is going to be a happy author. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just bought it. It won me over with "Miranda with her I-just-escaped-from-a-Renaissance-Fair clothing" description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got this book! I love time travel stories! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cover is great! Going to check it out on GR :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've seen this one before, and it still looks awesome.

    (BTW...love the look of your blog...thought I was back at my own!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo... it looks fun, Laura! I love time travel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Second time I've come across this cover. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That does look super cool. And I have the same issue you do. Between my revising and critiquing, I haven't read a published book in a while...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!