Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Fearless" by Christine Rains - bloghop

Today Christine Rains is celebrating the release of her novella, Fearless, and hosting a bloghop for it.




I'm supposed to write about my childhood monster. I'm actually going to talk about my second childhood monster, which was aliens under the bed. Now, I've always loved the thought that there might be life out there in the universe, but when I was a kid, we had a huge upstairs, and if I ever had to run up there in the dark to get something, I would imagine that there were aliens waiting under the bed to grab me. I'd run upstairs as fast as I could, grab what I needed to, and run back downstairs with my heart pounding.

Now, for the really important stuff: Christine's novella!


Blurb:

Abby White was seven years old when she killed the monster under her bed. Now she slays creatures spawned by the fertile imaginations of children, and the number of these nightmares are on the rise. Neither she nor her guide - a stuffed hippo named Tawa - know why.
When she rescues Demetrius from an iron prison, he pledges his life to protect hers until he can return the favor. She doesn't want the help. And how can she concentrate on her job when the gorgeous wild fae throws himself in front of her during every fight? No matter how tempting, she can't take the time to lose herself to him.

To save the children and all she loves, Abby must be truly Fearless.

~~~~~~~~~~~
You can get Fearless at any of the following places:

Fearless at Amazon
Fearless at Barnes and Noble
Fearless at Smashwords
Fearless at Createspace


Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. She lives in southern Indiana with her husband and son in a cozy little house stuffed full of books and games. She has sixteen short stories and one novella published, and three short stories forthcoming.

You can visit her at her website and her blog.

15 comments:

  1. Her book is awesome!
    Obviously the aliens under the bed were NOT like ET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aliens are scarier than normal monsters because you know that with intergalactic space travel, they have to be really smart! Thanks for sharing your monster with us and for helping me to promote my novella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never afraid of aliens, but after my children saw the movie Signs, they started taking glasses of water to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aliens under the bed... I'm glad my imagination didn't think of that one :) Yep, I just discovered Christine and her book, and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creepy things under the bed is a classic! Aliens is a new one for me and very creepy. The movie signs also had me taking water to bed...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your aliens were friends with the alligators living under my bed! Great to meet you during the blog hop.
    A2Z Mommy and What’s In Between

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aliens are very scary! I'm still afraid of them even as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me, the downstairs was creepy! Especially in the little cubby under the stairs. Brr.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Second fear of aliens that I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, aliens could be terribly mean and hiding under beds; who knows?

    My monster: http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2012/08/childhood-monster-blog-fest.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I also ran to fetch things when I was supposed to be sleeping, but because my house freaked me out.

    Couldn't have anything under my bed, unless it was really small. My base was less than an inch from the ground. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds spooky!! Congrats on your release day, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For me it was Count Dracula! I slept on my right side for ever because the old movie said that's the side vampire's prefer to bite. They weren't sparkly at all back then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a story premise. I totally had monsters living in my closet and after watching a Twilight Zone episode under my bed as well. Even decades later I'm still not comfortable waking to find my hand hanging over the side of the bed. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!