Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rising Book 1: Resistance Final Cover, Blog Release Event, and Excerpt

First, my amazing cover artist, Holly Robbins, finished the book cover for Rising Book 1: Resistance today. (In case I haven't clarified before, this isn't a long series; this is the first of two books. I was trying to write one single book, but there ended up being too much story to tell and I had to divide it into two.)




~~~~~~~

The blurb has also been finalized:



All Alphonse wants is a quiet summer at home before his final months at university. What he gets is a half-dead stranger on his doorstep and the task of delivering a package to the leader of his home country. Not long after he boards a train toward the capital, he's attacked by knights, elite soldiers of the neighboring king.

Alphonse is temporarily rescued by Mairwyn, a mechanic with a haunted past and a deep hatred of knights. Together, they attempt to carry out Alphonse's urgent errand, only to learn that if they fail, countless people will die.

And even if they succeed, they may not be able to prevent the war that lurks on the horizon.


~~~~~~~

In anticipation of the book's February 21, 2012 release date, I'm setting up a blog button for anyone who would like to help me spread the word. Then, on February 21*, if you post about the release of the book, you will be entered to win an e-copy of the book. I'll be giving away several e-copies. To find out how to participate, go here: Rising Release & Info

*Note: As some people don't post on their blogs on Tuesdays, if you're unable to do it Tuesday but willing to do this on Monday the 20th or Wednesday the 22nd instead, that would be equally awesome.

~~~~~~~

Finally, if you'd like to read the beginning of the book, you may now do so here:  Rising Excerpt

34 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I don't post on Tuesdays - all right if I post it on Wednesday of that week? Or Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cover. Best of luck with the book. Exciting stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read the excerpt. Wow! I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome, Laura! Nice cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great cover! I'm Reading Rising right now, and already loving it. Thanks for the ebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex-Thank you so much! I emailed you; that would be totally fine.

    L.G.-Thanks!! :D

    Debbie-I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpt!!

    Laura-Thank you! I love the cover so much.

    Yamile-Thank you! I'm super happy you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The artist did a great job on the cover!

    Your blurb makes me want to read more... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cover is beautiful! Good luck to you on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. exciting stuff..more blogs to read from you Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! (And your button has been added to my blog. I'm sorry I don't have more followers to show it to... yet.) (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  11. You already know I love this story and the characters and you SO much! Congratulations on another fabulous world created!

    ~Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cover - and congratulations on finally getting that blurb done! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a sweet cover. I dig mountainous peaks. Thanks for the highlight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thrilled with the cover. :D

      Delete
  14. Ooh, cool cover and great blurb! Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Your book cover is cool. I had a little hard time seeing the title in the center of the page and didn't see your name at the bottom at all when the picture was small. I don't know if you're putting this on Amazon or a site like that, but the font might be hard to read for people like me with old eyes when the picture isn't enlarged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I emailed you instead of replying here, but thank you!! I already rambled about cover size in my email. ;)

      Delete
  16. Nice cover! I like the mountain peaks as well. Great job writing the blur-it sounds good :)

    Good luck with the release!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cover and the story sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cover and blurb! You are really rocking this author thing; you've accomplished so much since I found this blog less than a year ago. Very cool.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 A-to-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Shannon! I usually just feel inadequate, LOL, but I'm sure trying!

      Delete
  19. Your book sounds super! Thanks for joining up with me for FWOM! You're getting so much done. Very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!